our experience in filing out k1 visa

This originally posted by maricel: Nov 25 2006, 03:29 PM


November 20, 2006 was my schedule for Visa Appointment.

6:00am
i reached the embassy after a 10minutes walk from the P. Gil.. i was
taking my time in getting there. there was a long line of Non-immigrant
applicant (my flaw) i joined them after 5 minutes i realized i must be
in a wrong line. i carefully reviewed my appointment letter and stated
there that im on Immigrant visa.

lesson. if not sure where to line never hesitate to ask the guard. tongue.gif

when i shifted to another line it was the immigrant visa..i got it and fall in line again for the entrance to the embassy.

when
i got in it was about 6:45 am I waited for 5 minutes to get a number..
prepare your appointment letter, DS 156, 156k and 157.

lesson. as much as possible dont leave blank put NA or NONE..

7:10
am go back to your seat and wait for the qeueing board to flash your
number. at this moment you are waiting for the finger scanning.

lesson. be attentive sometimes they wont flash number they will just use the microphone.

8:20 my number flashed and stationed to window 22.. presented my number and the lady instructed me what to do.

lesson. have your number ready..this is what youre going to present in every window.

8:20-8:30 after the scanning i have to wait... this is agonizing point the waiting.. my number flashed again after 2 hours.

8:30-10:30
my number flashed to window 26.. this is the pre-interview period.
showed the lady my number and she smiled and gave compliment on my
neclace. biggrin.gif she asked for the ;

1. affidavit of support
2. ITR
3. Employement letter
4. bank statement
5. emails
6. pictures
7. NBI
8. Birthcert


she
asked my name, andrews name, his address, the nature of andrews job,how
many times andrew visited , and my course and my birthdate and andrews
birthdate.

then she smiled and told me to wait for my number to be called.

she didnt asked for the cenomar, Boarding pass, screenshots, receipts, renittances... done for pre interview at 10: 48am


lesson.if youre getting interviewed with kids make sure you have some
cracker, candy and water. waiting is long and kids get bored and
hungry. there are family that are interviewed and there kids gets
restless and complaining that they are hungry.

10:50 my number flashed for Window 30. someone was still inside so i waited for 5 minutes for them to finish.The consul looks like a filipino/korean.tall,dark, slim and cutee *blush* shh dont tell andrew.

10:56 facing the consul at this moment..a bit nervous. he Begin by asking my name..
questions that were asked;

1. whats your name?

2. so whats your story about? lols and this time i narrated to him our
story..he just keepnodding his head and smiling. the he asked what
state is andrew from, told him the state *nods* also the consul asked
if i missed andrew.. i looked into his eyes and give him a very
truthful answer that i do.
3. how did he proposed? then story
again....... he giggle and said ooh thats cute..and said youve been
together for quite awhile..and i said yes..then he asked ,did he asked
your parents first? told him yes he was sneaky and he laughed..asked me
to raise my right hand and sworn the veracity of documents..
4.
then he told me for final processing of my visa i have wait for my name
to be called..he stapled the PINK STRIPE card on the application which
has print APPROVED K... not contented i asked him the consul just smile
its okey just wait and pay.. biggrin.gif


it was a spontaneous conversation and my nervous is gone... wow.. not
really that scary..it was fun! the interview just took less than 5
minutes..

11:00 my name was called to window 37.. the lady
give me a pink 1/4 paper to pay to delbros.. filled the information
sheet and viola..im done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why i love samsung